(若大家喜歡我鏡頭下的馬拉松風景,不妨Click樂施會的標誌,資助他們的扶貧工作)

2010年12月19日星期日

Food for Run and Thought 13


「I probably should consider this my last marathon, but you never know what'll happen. My friends reminded me that I said that last year and the year before and the year before.」Robert Borglund, Winner of Boston Marathon's 80-and-older age group two years in a row

「Do the things that you used to do without fear. Take the risk. It's all right to fall down and scab your knees.」Pat Tyson, Head coach of the Gonzaga University track and cross country programs

「Slow-but-sure has always worked for me, in running and in most other arenas. I wouldn't mind being a Carl Lewis or Usain Bolt, but I've found little payoff in attempting to be what I'm not.」Amby Burfoot, Runner's World Editor At Large

「Running uphill makes you a faster runner on the flats. Hills build strength, and make the flats feel easy!」Jon Sinclair, Running coach in Fort Collins, Colorado

「My first race was a 60-meter dash, with starting blocks. I was more excited than nervous. I came in last, but I wasn't disappointed, because it was so much fun. My coach treated everybody like winners - that was probably the most important thing.」Grete Waitz, Nine-time New York City Marathon winner and 1984 Olympic Marathon silver medalist

沒有留言: