(若大家喜歡我鏡頭下的馬拉松風景,不妨Click樂施會的標誌,資助他們的扶貧工作)

2010年12月19日星期日

Food for Run and Thought 14

「It's that bond of female runners that makes me want to be a better runner - to push me a little harder.」Cherie Hill Lombardo, High school principal and participant in the Runner's World Challenge

「I usually run the first half of the marathon and run-walk the last half. It gets harder to run 26.2 miles at my age, but I'm inspired by the memory of friends I've lost.」Harriette Thompson, 87-year-old grandmother of ten and marathon runner

「Jitters are actually good for a short race. Adrenaline will rev up your engine. Think of it as fuel.」Lucinda Seares-Monica, Psy.D., a clinical psychologist

「Part of the challenge of the marathon is pushing past what you think is physically possible. You can do more than you think you can.」Christine Hinton, a Maryland running coach

「My first real race was as a 15-year-old. It was a mile long. I won in 5:20; I was surprised to win, and was encouraged to join the cross-country team with my brother, Charlie, and my friend Jason. This was in 1963, and we're all still running today.」Bill Rodgers, four-time winner of the Boston and New York City marathons
.

沒有留言: